LaSalle braces correct the positioning of your teeth, and improve your bite. When your teeth are in their ideal positions, they are able to function properly and be aesthetically pleasing.
Orthodontics aren't just for children and teenagers. More and more adults are choosing LaSalle braces to give themselves a more attractive, comfortable smile.
Here are just a few of the ways LaSalle braces could help you ...
- Bite problems: Your upper teeth are designed to slightly overlap your lower teeth, so they can bite together in proper occlusion. If your jaws and teeth are naturally too far forward or too far back, you may have a bite problem. If left untreated, bite problems can cause painful damage to your teeth. Talk to us about how orthodontics can improve your bite.
- Crowded issues: When your teeth are properly aligned, they form a U-shaped arch. This makes it easy to brush them and floss between each one. If your teeth are crowded together, it makes it difficult to clean them properly — putting them at risk for decay. Some people are self-conscious about having crowded teeth, and wish their smile was properly aligned. Talk to us today about how orthodontics can correct crowded teeth.
- Spacing issues: If you have spaces between your teeth, the gaps can cause problems with your alignment and occlusion (bite). Spaces between your teeth can be corrected with the help of orthodontics. When you're missing a tooth, the surrounding teeth slowly shift their position in an attempt to fill the gap. After losing a baby tooth, it's important to allow room for an adult tooth to grown in. Talk to us today about how orthodontic appliances can help maintain that space.
- How do braces straighten teeth?
- Braces actually correct the positioning of your teeth in four steps: aligning your teeth into the proper U-shaped arch and leveling them to the proper height, correcting your bite, and perfecting the way your teeth fit together. The final step is fitting your teeth with retainers to keep them from moving back to their original positions.
- I've heard orthodontics are expensive. Does my dental insurance cover braces?
- It depends on your coverage. We would be happy to help you understand your available coverage, so please ask us at your next appointment.
- Aren't braces designed to work best when you're a teenager?
- Absolutely not. Braces — and all types of orthodontic appliances — work just as well on adults as they do on children and teenagers. Age is not a factor in having an attractive, comfortable smile. Talk to us today to discuss your options.