Let a cosmetic dentist help you feel and look your best. We do a wide range of cosmetic dentistry at LaSalle Family Dentistry, including using veneers to correct a tooth’s colour, close a space, or repair a cracked tooth.
The decision to get cosmetic dentistry is often a very personal one. Before you meet with your LaSalle cosmetic dentist, the following interactive tools will help you determine whether cosmetic dentistry is right for you.
Here are a few common cosmetic dentistry procedures: including using veneers to correct a tooth’s colour, close a space, or repair a cracked tooth.
- Veneers: A veneer is a thin laminate that is bonded directly to your teeth. A cosmetic dentist can use veneers to correct a tooth's colour, close a space, or repair a cracked tooth.
- Crowns: A crown completely encircles (caps) your tooth, protecting it and keeping it strong. Crowns can be made of gold, porcelain fused to metal, or pure white porcelain (to resemble a natural tooth).
- Contouring: This procedure is used to reshape your teeth — correcting crooked, chipped or overlapping teeth. Teeth are carefully reduced and built up with laminate material until they are the ideal shape and size.
- Bonding: Bonding is used to improve the appearance of your teeth, and to close gaps between teeth. A resin material is applied to your teeth and hardened using a special light.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is an increasingly popular procedure. It allows us to remove or reduce stains on your teeth, lightening them for a more attractive appearance.
If you're looking for a cosmetic dentist in LaSalle, contact us today!
- What is the difference between a veneer and a crown?
A veneer is a thin laminate that is bonded directly to your teeth, and is used to correct a tooth's colour, close a space, or repair a cracked tooth.
A crown is an artificial tooth that completely encircles (caps) your natural tooth. Crowns are often placed if your tooth has a significant amount of decay, or already contains several fillings. If you replace a missing tooth with a dental implant, a crown is attached to the implant to mimic a natural tooth.
- If I want white teeth, should I avoid red wine?
- Red wine, coffee and tea are notorious for staining your teeth. Diet cola is also a problem, because its acidity breaks down your tooth's enamel — leaving it prone to stains. You don't need to avoid these beverages entirely — just be mindful of what they might do to your smile, and try to limit your intake.
- Does my dental insurance cover cosmetic dentistry procedures?
- It depends on your coverage. We would be happy to help you understand your available coverage, so please ask us at your next appointment.
- On TV, people get brand-new smiles in an afternoon — what procedure are they getting?
- Veneers are often used on makeover shows, because they can improve the aesthetics of a person's smile very quickly, but the right course of action depends on many factors. Talk to us today about your options.